Tuesday, March 4, 2014

A Simple Tip on Improving Your Turnout

Here's a tip I've discovered on how to improve your turnout.

It's simple:

Go for a walk with your legs turned out.


Click image to pin on Pinterest

If feels silly but it works those muscle you want to strengthen to keep your legs turned out while dancing.

I saw this tip on Instagram and had to try it. I actually went to the store and the whole time I was turned out. I was probably looked at as a weirdo but, oh well! Dedicated dancers are constantly in "improvement"mode.

So, go walking with your legs turned out, give it a couple minutes, and you will start feeling the burn in your leg muscles.

Those are your turnout muscles! Those are the muscles you have to strengthen to keep that beautiful, yet essential, turnout while dancing.

Let me know how this tip works out for you, if you like it or not, or if you have any other tips to share with me or other Irish dancers.

No comments:

Post a Comment