Monday, January 13, 2014

Need "Irish Dance" Motivation???

I think we've all had the feeling of intense motivation in our Irish dance career. That being said, we've all experienced the exact opposite:

Moments of extreme discouragement and lack of interest.

What are some things you do to increase your motivation?

For me, few things have come close to the motivation "Jig" gives me.



If you haven't heard/seen Jig, it's a documentary about the competitive world of Irish dance. It follows various groups and individuals from around the world preparing for Worlds -- a competitive Irish dancer's ultimate destination.

I don't know about you but when I heard that someone had made a documentary about Irish dance, my first thought was:

"FINALLY!"

The Irish dance world is small but intense. Irish dance consumes those involved. We eat, sleep and breathe anything Irish. Finally, the creators of Jig have allowed people to glimpse into the world of Irish dance that we call home.

It's always a good idea to watch Jig before it gets too late in the day because I can almost promise you that you will want to go dance for at least 1 good hour after you watch it.

It's that motivational!



Ooooo... just watching the trailer gives me goosebumps.

What motivates you?


No comments:

Post a Comment