Wednesday, January 29, 2014

UPCOMING: Strengthening Those Irish Dance Legs

I live in Utah so I am apart of the Western US Region Oireachtas.

I wasn't able to go in 2013 when it was in California, but a few of the dancers at my school and my teacher went. I was incredibly proud and a wee-bit jealous when I saw their pictures and read their updates on Facebook.

My teacher came back to glass after Oriechtas with the goal to strengthen our legs. She said, compared to the girls at the competition, our legs "are a bit flabby."

I laughed at this but it is indeed true.

:/

That being said, it is my goal this year to strengthen my leg muscles so I can aim to look like this:


Aren't her legs the most gorgeous things you have ever seen?

She looks invincible. 

I bet she feels invincible in those legs.

I want them!

We are Irish Dancers. We have strong legs and wimpy upper bodies. And that's fine with me. 

Here's a bit of humor...


That being said, I'm currently in the process of making a killer Irish dance leg-strengthening routine to share with you.

So look out for it. 

Let's get our dream Irish dance legs together!



1 comment:

  1. Great blog. All posts have something to learn. Your work is very good and i appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Irish Dance Celebration

    ReplyDelete